Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The world is a little less sweet today

Last Friday we lost a true life hero as Paul Newman died of lung cancer at age 83.

I could say that I am a better person for having known him (even as little as I did). Or, that I am fortunate for being a small part of his vision of bringing joy to children with serious illnesses. Or, that if I could only be half the person he was, I would be a lucky gal. But while those things would be true, there is nothing that I can say to pay justice to the person Paul was and the impact he made not only on those he knew, but also on those he didn't.

Paul knew no boundaries, he had no fear. He used his powers for good, not evil, and as a result, hundreds of thousands of people, Americans and otherwise, benefited from his unwavering and unbiased generosity.

To learn more about his contribution to humanity visit the following links.

Hole in the Wall Camps
Newman Leaves Large Philanthropic Legacy
David Letterman on Paul Newman
Paul Newman: He used his fame to give away his fortune

1 comment:

  1. beautifully put Kel, thanks for sharing your connection and your tribute to an amazing man :)

    ReplyDelete